Historical Society
Railroad Depot
Little House
One Room School
Doll Cottage


Visit The
Historical Society

Special tours may be arranged by calling:
(920) 582-7643

A railroad depot owned by The Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway and built in 1871 had served the Village of Winneconne until the railway was abandoned. The original depot that had been built in 1868 had burned. In 1968 the depot was purchased and moved to the museum grounds in Marble Park where it became the Railroad Depot Museum and was the first building of the Historical Society Museum Complex. It houses railroad memorabilia and historical artifacts of Winneconne - many of which have been donated by local citizens. Railroad buffs will find an extensive collection of steam railroading artifacts, railroad lanterns, oil cans and telegraphy equipment. An extensive photo collection portrays Winneconne’s history through the years. Displays depict Winneconne as a “Hunting and Fishing Paradise” and its brief moment of fame as the “Sovereign State of Wisconsin”. A railroad mechanized hand car was placed on rails in front of the depot and has been a very visible part of the grounds. A restoration project of the hand car was completed in 2005.


The Winneconne Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is

an affiliate of the Wisconsin Historical Society and the Wisconsin Council of Local History

Having problems with the Web Site?

Last Modified: January 28, 2015